CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chalice by Robin McKinley

ChaliceChalice by Robin McKinley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book. I am not exactly sure about the explanation or lack thereof towards the end for the events, but I was pleased. The story as a whole was enthralling. Robin McKinley always seems to do such a good job pulling the reader into a completely new world and explaining its logic with only a few pages, and in some cases, just a couple sentences. As with most of Robin McKinley's books my main gripe is it ended too soon. This book was pretty short and I would have loved to read more about this world and the lives of its characters. As anyone who read her book Pegasus would understand, this book ends fairly abruptly. Though at least it ended at the completion of a scene, unlike the other book mentioned....but that's a rant for another day. I would love a squeal to Chalice, but I am not going to hold my breath as sequel's are few are far between. She has stated she would never do one for my favorite book, Sunshine, for which I will probably always hold a bit of a grudge (I know she knows the answers to all those unanswered questions!). I guess I have a love hate relationship with most of Robin McKinley's books. I love the stories she tells but I hate how they usually seem to end before I feel the story has run its course.

View all my reviews

0 comments: