CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Why have kids?

Why Have Kids?: A New Mom Explores the Truth About Parenting and HappinessWhy Have Kids?: A New Mom Explores the Truth About Parenting and Happiness by Jessica Valenti
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book seemed really short. I finished it in a day, easily. With all the talk in this book about exploring the truth about parenting and happiness, I felt it did too little exploring. This book left me with a lot more questions...and my point in reading this was to get answers. :(
I felt like the author tried to insight action in some areas the book discussed, but really didn't provide any suggestions on where to start, which was frustrating.

If you think of the book as a gateway to further discussion then fine, but that was not what I was wanting or expecting, thus my disappointment. However, I am much happier this book was written than it not, and hope it will instigate further exploration in future books on these topics.



View all my reviews

0 comments: