CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Matt has been an amazing husband lately due to his new interest in spring cleaning. He had turned our messy messy place into something presentable. I am very proud of his hard work. Matt and I had a good weekend in part because of this spring cleaning attitude, but also because we have bonded over a new television show addiction. Since scrubs moved to ABC it has been a pretty lame show, I rarely laugh at their jokes. I had heard good things about the show Chuck but the premise just seemed silly, I assumed I would not like it. Oh how I was WRONG! Chuck is hilarious and action packed, plus a good pinch of family togetherness and a good deal of romance. When I first began watching the show Matt did not care to watch, but did not mind hearing it in the back ground while he did other things. As the show progressed I began hearing more interest on the part of my husband with questions about the plot. THEN in a shocking turn of events on the show, a character that everyone thought would be out of the way for a while suddenly returns. As I gasp in shock of the events taking place and I state aloud WHO has returned to the show I hear my husband yell in anger....for he too is upset about this character....my husband had finally been sucked into the show and has been watching it with me ever since. =)

Another good thing happened this past weekend. I had a nice long lunch with Mrs. Hayashi, one of the JTEs at my JHS. We were able to bond a bit while eating at a macrobiotic restaurant in Oizumi called Serphim. I was also able to tell her about my leaving Japan at the end of July. She was sad that I was leaving but was also very excited for me.

In Takane, down the mountain from where Matt and I live, flowers are beginning to bloom in some places. Some mornings it smells like spring...and my nose reminds me I need to start taking my allergy medicine again. Then again, Friday evening, March 13th, it snowed a bit where we live. Another couple weeks and I feel that spring will take a strong hold over Hokuto. I am excited about my last 4.5 months in Japan. I know the time will pass more quickly with the weather improving and with us having so much more going on. I am going to try to live the rest of my time in Japan to the fullest.

0 comments: