CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

28 Days!!

Hi all three of you who read my blog. I know it has been a while since I wrote. I was planning to write about my trip to FujiQ amusement park in April....and then never did. Then I was planning to write about my trips to Tokyo and Kyoto in May...and clearly that did not happen either. When I get access to my computer and pictures (Matt is currently using my computer) I will do a quick write up on those events.
So for now you can read my ramblings on Part 1- funny Japanese commercials I get stuck in my head and Part 2- how I feel about the move from Japan in 28 days!!

PART 1

First are these Fanta commercials-working in a JHS in Japan has made these even more funny to me!
FANTA

I especially like the soap opera teacher and DJ teacher. =P

Next up are the Pretz Commercials!! The sumo guys are great but I like the creepy commerical at the end the most, the song gets stuck in my head. Oh, the girl is saying something along the lines of "open you month wide and munch" Hey AN AN!

PART 2
Matt and I will be leaving Japan in 28 days. Though I am sad to leave some of the people I have met in Japan, and I will miss some aspects of the Japanese culture, I am ready to move on to our next EPIC ADVENTURE!!! =P
Now that we have a place to live in Rochester, NY, I am more excited about the move. The neighborhood we are living in, Southwedge, appears to be the closest thing to Asheville as we can get in NY, that is a big plus for me.
I still have some fears about our move. The biggest fear I have is making friends. How does one go about making friends?!!? There are all these really fun events happening in Rochester when we get there , hopefully I will be able to meet people at these events.
This will be my first time moving to a new city, not knowing a soul, and not having an organization to integrate me into a community right away. When I moved to Asheville I had the University and all the social events as a freshman to meet people. When Matt and I moved to Japan we had the JET program and our local social organization for foreigners in Japan, YETI. In Rochester Matt will have the University, but I am an outsider there as well./(end)pity party. It is pretty intimidating moving like we are, but hopefully I will be able to find some friends in Southwedge. =)

Owarimasho (let's finish!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray, you updated! It's nice to know what's going on in your world. :)