CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I am a nerd

Today, during my lunch break, I went to the Asheville Chamber of Commerce website's demographics section to catch up on the current economic indicators of my old home. (I love Asheville!!)
I'm sitting in Japan, thinking about Asheville...but my way of connecting with Asheville is to check the economic indicators. "oh, hotel sales are only down 1.3%" and "I wonder how much further the Asheville Airports numbers will go, given the economic downturn?" Thus, I must be declared a nerd. =P

On a completely unrelated note, I will be playing "grand golf" this afternoon with the other teachers in my school district. What's "grand golf", and what makes it different from "golf"? I do not yet know....hmmm

If anyone has been wondering how difficult it is to live in a country and not know the language let me tell you....it's WAY too EASY to get by knowing only three Japanese words: "sumimasen- excuse me, sorry, oops" "Arigato- Thank you" and "Wakarimasen- I don't understand".
Because of this, I have really been slacking on my Japanese language study. Good thing my Japanese coressepondence course has arrived...now I might begin learning Japanese. =P I hope!!

0 comments: