CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Tokyo!

I am going to make this post as short as I can, sorry. I will try to post pictures on here at a later time.

Matt and I went to Tokyo in September (thanks for my 7 day work week I had a 3 day weekend). We stayed in a really cheap Hotel in Ikebukuro (http://www.sakura-hotel-ikebukuro.com/) that has English speaking staff and cateres to the Cheap/poor foriegn tourists in Tokyo. The place was not fantanstic, but it was a place to sleep and it was clean so it worked for us (and will probably be working for us again on our next trip to Tokyo).
We took a bus from Kofu to Shinjuku (one of the sections of Tokyo). The trip was not bad, about 2.5 hours and we got into Tokyo pretty early. I had two goals: 1.)Watch some Sumo and
2.)Go to the Ghilbli (miyazaki) Museum.
Matt had two goals also: 1.) Watch some Sumo and 2.) go to Akihabara (the electronics district in Tokyo)

We succeeded on all fronts....though we were both the happiest with the Sumo.

Sumo does not happen all the time in Japan. They have tournaments throughout the year, but (other than in September) the next time there would be Sumo in Tokyo is in January. Needless to say we took the opprotunity to go to sumo (which can be an all day event). We bought the cheapest (and poorest) seats in the house for approx. $21 each. Luckyily, not many people watch the entire day (a weekday) so we were able to watch some sumo from *cough* a better view than our tickets would normally provide *coug*
=P

There were a lot of foreigners at the sumo event. Most bought the same seats we had bought, and were also fortunate with the improved views the empy day matches provided.
At our hotel we had a TV. We watched some sumo on there as well and pointed saying "we are going there tomorrow!" It was fun and I have officially become addicted to Sumo (I even have a 3d moving sumo players cup!)

Next, we went to Akihabara....matt might have something interesting to say...all i can say is that my feet and back hurt. =P oh! and that there are a number of boys in Japan with strange interests....

Finally we went to the Ghilbli Museum and I had fun...but wish I had allowed for more time to look around. I think we both felt rushed to get to our bus stop (our ride home). We are going to go back there again and provide for more time.

Okay! enough for now! Life is good.

0 comments: