CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grand Golf!!

Yesterday, from 3:30 until around 4:30, I played Grand Golf with teachers from my school district. Not all of them came and participated, but a good number did sign up and played. I was honestly surprised. I was placed in a team of 4 and had a fairly good time.
Grand Golf- for those not in the know (everyone)- is a bit like putt-putt golf. We used a soccer field (with sand instead of grass on it) for the playing area. Instead of putting into a hole, you try to get your ball inside a circular metal area under that "hole's" flag. Does that make sense? Also, instead of a normal golf ball and club, you use something that more resembles a crockett (is that the right word?) ball and club, though you don't want to hit other players grand golf ball.

I got the lowest (best) score in my group at 25 points. But there were a number of people who scored under 20!! I think 7 people actually got a hole-in-ones. Apparently “hole-in-one” is the term the Japanese use as well. After the game a teacher asked me if “hole-in-one” was an English phrase. =)
So anyway, my school came in 2nd!! (even though the chorus teacher got a score of 33!!) She was embarrassed by it, but also took it in stride and thought it was funny, as did everyone else. So it was a good time, and now I know what grand golf is….Putt Putt on a random piece of ground. =)

0 comments: