CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I had a good day

I am surprised by this fact because my day was spent mostly shopping. I hate shopping. I always get overwhelmed by the crowds and the noise and the traffic getting to stores, plus having to give my money to stores when I know what I am buying is either a.) not worth what I am paying or b.) made by slave labor or something just as horrible. So yeah, I have a hard time with shopping. BUT I REALLY needed some things. It is getting colder and colder here, and I realized I did not have enough warm clothes to last me the winter. I was in desperate need of a big winter coat, some winter tops and a pair of pants that actually fit me. Since being in Japan, I have lost too much weight for any of my pants to look decent on me. So with these needs in mind, Matt and I ventured to Kofu and spent a number of hours battling traffic and crowds. In the end though, I got what I needed. I got a good, warm, jacket, three sweater/long sleeve tops, and a pair of pants that fit. Only odd thing was, the pants only fit in the waist. The pants were...you ready for this one?....too LONG!! Isn't that just crazy. I am pretty darn tall in Japan, and the pants I found were too long. I think I have realized why that was the case. The store I bought the pants at actually has a tailor company as well. You can buy your pants and get them tailored at the same time. Conveniently for the store, most people need a bit of tailoring to their pants.
Anyway, I got what I needed, though I am still on the look out for a good pair of winter boots. I think that having a list of actual NEEDS, as opposed to just browsing/shopping I felt a lot better about the situation. I got to spend some quality time with Matt and accomplished something.
PLUS to top it all off, I ate about 650 calories worth of sushi. Yeah I know that's a lot, but I hadn't eaten all day AND I had been craving the rotating sushi place for about a month now. It was great. I had a good day.

0 comments: