CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Life in Yamanashi!

You may have been one of the people to hear my complaints about Japan "I miss Panera Bread and Brugers Bagels!"
Right now, despite the food situation, I am loving Japan. The elementary school kids are adorable and fun to play with, while my elective English classes at the JHS are quite funny and I am learning more about Japanese culture...apparently this band ARASHI is THE Jpop band right now...who knew? =)

Okay! Pics time!!







BTW, I did not take these pictures (except for the last one) Matt took them while I was driving. I think he did a pretty good job! =)

One job thing I am concerned about, but can't do anything about, is what will happen with the elementary school visits come August. When new ALTs are brought to the area in August, we expect some changes to all ALTs schedules. The Japanese government has decided that elementary age children need more hours of English instruction. I believe its something like quintupling the amount of hours these kids are receiving now. So I am interested to see, and nervous to see, what the Board of Education is going to do with us ALTs. Will some ALTs ONLY have elementary schools? Will more ALTs be brought in to take on the elementary classes, leaving some ALTs ONLY at JHS? I don't know. I honestly don't know what I want to happen. I am pretty happy with my schedule, 3.5 days at JHS and 1.5 at elementary. I like all my schools in different ways, though everyone is nice. The elementary kids are great, but more than an extra half day with them, I might go crazy. It is just sooo loud and crazy! Though fun, I need headache pills due to the noise levels sometimes. So I will try and keep you all updated as to what the BoE decides to do about the new government English requirements.
=)

0 comments: