CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Just finished crying...

Everything is okay. I am fine; everyone is fine. I just read a story and saw a short video that was pretty touching here and here about a girl who was so touched by hearing the robot wall-e say his name in the Pixar trailer she begins to cry...but the story does not end there...I recommend reading her story. I saw wall-e last weekend. I liked it, though I don't really think kids will enjoy it, at least not the first 30 mins worth, its a bit too adult (aka slow and quiet) in the beginning.

Moving on...
I am so excited about moving to Japan in about 23 days!! Everyone keeps talking about what a big adventure it is, and I have to agree. The only problem is I have soooooooo much I need to get done between now and then. I will have to be completely moved out of my condo, getting the utilities out of my name, selling my car, packing my bags, still buying things I need to bring, getting my visa, the list goes on and on and on....
At the same time, I really want to enjoy these last few days here in the US, specifically in Asheville.
I will really miss Asheville, it is just a great place with such amazing people and a feel to it that I love so much. I love going into a restaurant (Lucky Otter, Noi's Thai Kitchen, Jack of the Wood, Laughing Seed, BurgerMeister's etc.) and actually having vegetarian options. Not an iceberg lettuce salad, but real, filling, meals. I know I will miss that a whole lot.
I will also miss the fact that in Asheville I can go downtown on a Friday night a watch the hippies dance and play in a drum circle or Saturday see ...well...the people of Asheville, enjoying life.
I think that's a big part of the feeling you get when you are in Asheville, those around you are truly enjoying their lives, enjoying the world around them.
This past weekend my mom came to visit. We went downtown a bit on Saturday, ate tempeh Reubens at Jack of the Wood, then we walked around and my mom fell in love with a lady's dog.

I really like this pic because Matt looks so cute when he is laughing. I love him!
Here are pics of the dog w/ my mom. To be fair, my mom has been in love with these little dogs for years, and this one is pretty cute with that little bow.

Well, I am tired now and have to get in some Jon and Kate Plus 8 tv show watching in as there won't be any in Japan.

0 comments: